1. Without quality time together, your relationship will not survive. Aim to devote at least half an hour a night, and at least one day a month when the two of you spend time exclusively together.
2. You both want to feel secure within the relationship. A good relationship is built on compromise and a lot of give and take from both of you.
3. Often those little things that first attracted you to your partner can turn into nasty annoying habits. Learn to love your partner warts and all. Don’t try to change them into something they’re not, after all you fell in love with them just the way they were.
4. Money is one of the top conflicts between most couples. For the relationship to work, you need to address your finances and maybe even work out a budget.
5. Learn to argue well. Never say something to your partner that you wouldn’t want to hear said back. Just remember, the one good thing they say about arguing, is the making up afterwards.
6 Communication is vital to all healthy relationships. Listen to your partner and avoid blame and judgment. Don’t let your emotions dictate your behavior. Remember just talking things over can help you to both have a deeper understanding of each other.
7. Learn to forgive. If you know you will never forgive your partner over something important, and feel the trust can never be regained then give yourself, and him a break and start again, with someone new.
8. Don’t ever think that going to counseling is a sign of a failed relationship. It can turn a bad relationship around and can also turn an average relationship into an excellent one. More and more people are turning to counseling today than ever, it shows you are both prepared
The fact remains, that whether you’re dating or married, relationships are hard. It takes 100% commitment from both of you. However, healthy and long-lasting relationships are achievable and many couples have proven just that. And remember it’s the little things that you sometimes do that can go a long way to making your relationship work.
What’s the key to a successful relationship? What’s the secret? Making sure your relationship goes the distance means remembering to do the simple everyday things for each other, while not being afraid to address the big issues important to both … Read More
Being determined Parenting a child with a disability is exhausting, overwhelming, and rewarding all at the same time. A parent’s love and guidance help that son or daughter overcome many obstacles and do what doctors, teachers and other helping professional … Read More
How many interactions do you have with people in a single day? How would you rate them? We feel great when they are positive. Especially when it involves people we care about. But even the people we care about have … Read More